Ferry Mersing and Tanjung Gemuk to Tioman and RawaJohor Transport
Taxi from Singapore to Ferry Mersing and Tanjung Gemoka
After reading the beautiful description of islands offshore of Johor, specifically Tioman Island and Rawa Island, you are probably planning your next holiday now. The next crucial question will be, how to get to the islands? The best well known ways to get to Tioman Islands and its neighbouring islands (including Rawa island) are ferry services from either Mersing or Tanjung Gemuk jetty.
A) From Mersing Jetty to Pulau Tioman:
Many travellers use Mersing jetty as the gateway to Tioman. It will take approximately 2 hours to reach Tioman by ferry from Mersing jetty. It may sound easy but there are a few things you might wish to take note, to avoid spoiling the otherwise perfect holiday.
1. The ferry departures from Mersing Jetty to Tioman are highly affected by the tide level and weather. The timetable changes and at times, gets cancelled when the tide is too low for ferry departure.
2. The timetable of ferries changes monthly, and the ferry operator – Bluewater Express will release the timetable on every month. You may check schedule at tioman-scuba.com and book the ferry ticket at Tioman Ferry. Please take note that, the departure will still highly subjected to the tide on that day.
3. It’s highly recommended to arrive at Mersing jetty at least 1.5 hour earlier than the departure time. for ticket purchase and queueing to embark the ferry. When one of the departures is postponed, there are times when passengers from 2 different time slots will need to ‘compete’ to get onto the ferry.
4. It is also important to remember that, even with a ferry ticket on hand, it won’t guarantee you a seat on the ferry. Overbooking is not uncommon here.
5. Ferry ticket is priced at MYR70 for return trip but price might differ if you are booking through website.
6. The lengthy process to board the ferry:
a) Purchase a ferry ticket.
b) Queue to have a seat number written on your ticket. There are times when people question about this step, as there are times when passengers do not get to seat according to the numbers.
c) Queue and pay for the marine life fee.
d) Queue and pay for the conservation fee.
e) Exchange your ferry ticket for a boarding pass.
7. It is recommended not to bring many or big luggage as they will be stored separately by the ferry crew. The rush to get to your luggage before alighting the ferry can be stressful.
8. The ferry service is very much like a shuttle service, where, upon arriving at Tioman, it will make several stops at different beaches (they called it ‘kampung’). It’s important to take note of the nearest beach where your accommodation is located, to avoid disembarking at the wrong port.
9. The ferry will stop at Kampung Genting, Kampung Paya, Kampung Tekek, Kampung Air Batang (“ABC”) and Kampung Salang. Most of the travellers going to Juara Beach will disembark at Kampong Tekek, and take a 4WD ride from there.
10. To get back to Mersing, you will wait at one of these stops and again, it’s best to arrive at the port at least one hour earlier.
11. During the monsoon season from October to February, the ferry service might shut down for several days if the weather worsens.
B) From Mersing Jetty to Rawa Island (private speed boat)
As of 2017, the two resorts on Pulau Rawa had incorporated island transfer into their packages. It’s best to confirm the transfer time with them before arriving at Mersing.
Mersing jetty is also the connection to other islands in vicinity, and most of the boat transfers are arranged by respective resorts.
C) From Tanjung Gemuk Jetty to Tioman:
Tanjung Gemuk has been getting more and more popular as the connection point to get to Tioman Island. It is located between Endau and Rompin in Pahang and is 40km further away from Singapore as compared to Mersing. However due to its better tidal condition, its departure timetable is less erratic than Mersing.
1. Like Mersing Jetty, the timetable of ferries changes monthly, and Tioman Ferry updates the schedule on its website at Tioman Ferry website.
2. It is recommended to arrive at Tanjung Gemuk jetty at least 1 hour earlier than the departure time to buffer for any unforeseen circumstances.
3. Ferry ticket price is MYR70 for return trip but price might differ if you are booking through websites.
4. The ferry service will stop at different beaches which are Kampung Genting, Kampung Paya, Kampung Tekek, Kampung Air Batang and Kampung Salang. It’s important to check with your resort on which is the beach you should alight.
5. On your return trip to Tanjung Gemuk, you will wait at one of these stops and it’s recommended to wait at the port 1 hour before your intended departure.
6. During the monsoon season from October to February, the ferry service might shut down for several days if the weather worsens.
D) Transport from Singapore to Mersing and Tanjung Gemuk Jetty.
Direct transfer from Singapore to Mersing and Tanjung Gemuk is a breeze. Guest have the option to travel by coach or charter a Private MPV Taxi. Private Taxi is hugely popular because of direct pick up from hotel and home, practically from the door step. Given the long trip (Singapore to Mersing may take up to 4 hours), most guest prefer to hire Private MPV to pick up at their own time and enjoy privacy in the cabin (no sharing with strangers).
The Benefits of Hiring Us
- Pick up from DOOR STEP, any location in Singapore
- Experienced drivers with local knowledge
- ENGLISH speaking drivers
- SMOKE-FREE cabin
- BEST and competitive rate
- FLAT RATE inclusive of ERP, toll
- SATISFACTION guaranteed